Most of us try our best to drink as much water as possible because we know it will keep us hydrated and healthy, but what specific benefits do we get from pure drinking water? How much do we need to drink and what kind of water is best for us?
Here are some benefits of water, some you may already know and some may surprise you! Take a sip while you read on..
- Water helps to flush out toxins and waste products from the body which is essential for us to keep healthy.
- Water is necessary to carry nutrients from food through the lymphatic system to our cells. It's important to keep those cells healthy as they are the building blocks of our body.
- Lack of water in the body can cause a multitude of sicknesses such as Asthma, Allergies, Constipation, Hypertension, Migraine and much more.
- Drinking enough water helps the digestive system and increases the metabolic rate.
- Our brain consist of 90% water so to keep sharp make sure to hydrate properly on a daily basis.
-Our skin cells need water as well to stay healthy and elastic. Drinking enough water will help to reduce and prevent wrinkles!!
-Always end your skin beauty and cleansing regime by splashing cold water onto your face, this will help the pores close and keep dirt away.
-A water compression helps aid puffy eyes, dab a piece of cotton in cold water to cover your eyes for a few minutes to reduce that puffy eye look.
-After washing and rinsing your hair, do a last rinse with cold water. This will help keep your scalp healthy.
Facts About Drinking Water
- Drinking enough water on daily basis helps the skin stay young more than any topical cream can as it not only helps to nourish the skin cells but it also flushes out toxins that may cause break outs.
- Drink at least 2.5 litres of water a day to keep your skin and hair looking healthy. If you are not sure how much water you should be drinking ask your nutritionist. During the summer, when exercising or in hot climates you will need to drink more water as you perspire more.
- Drinking enough water helps us to loose weight! Water helps our liver function properly so that it can burn off excess fat.
- To make sure that your drinking water is as fresh and healthy as possible it is a good idea to use a water filter for your drinking water.
- Refrain from consuming water from PET bottles as they contain loads of micro-plastics which may be harmful. Fill up on water in a water bottle and carry it with you, it's both cheaper and healthier for you.
- Instead of purchasing flavoured water, flavour your own by adding cucumber, orange or lemon slices to your water. It will make drinking water more fun and flavourful.
-Add some extra zest to your water with electrolytes. If you perspire or exercise a lot, an electrolyte boost will help you replenish the water lost.
So fill up on your water and use your imagination to make it a beverage you look forward to drink throughout the day! Why not get a new functional and pretty water bottle to inspire you to drink more of this magic potion!